April 28, 2014

Recovered Kitchen Chairs

Ta Da! New Kitchen Table! Well, sort of...



I recovered our kitchen chairs with TONS of help from my mom! (I was so tired by the end she was practically doing it for me.) But, still I love this long awaited project and that it's finished.

In the short time we've had this table and chairs we've piled on the spills and stains like you wouldn't believe. Eww & Gross. I was embarrassed to have company sit on them. Sure we have kids, but still you wonder what you're sitting on. Problem solved.... now they are cute AND practical. I covered the chairs with clear vinyl over the fabric. They are a little noisy to sit on but totally worth the easy clean up.

I bought one cut of fabric, enough for two chairs, to try it out at first. When I went back to the store a few days later the whole roll of fabric was gone! Of course it was out of stock online too. I couldn't believe it. Thankfully I traveled to another store in another city and they had the fabric. Phew. Next time I'll get all my project materials at once, just in case.


No comments:

Post a Comment